Tuesday, June 22, 2010

That Lady No Nice

Do you even know how much I hate having to take the baby for immunizations? They really ought to provide strong medication for mothers at the door. However, strong meds usually require a stamped warning not to operate heavy machinery and that would be where I'd "fold" because that's like my favorite thing ever. Tractors and skid steers. They're not my passion... operating them is.

We had to have three shots, and yes, I know, she's 7 months. I'm a month late. But I was super tardy for the shot party with Murph, rounding out the final 3 or 4 just days before Kindergarten, and he is as healthy as an ox. I don't know. I guess it's nice to avoid Polio and chicken-pox. But still. I'm rightly sad when that lady slow-pokes my baby and NO SHE DID NOT JUST SQUEEZE R's FAT THIGH WITH A LOOK ON HER FACE LIKE SHE'S HAVING CUPCAKES FOR DINNER claiming they'll feel fine with thighs like that! And then she told me RunnyBun "Did great!" and "Barely cried!" Uh... she wasn't making any sound because she WASN'T BREATHING! But when she finally did take a breath - oh honey. That's not what I'd call "barely".

But we'll survive.

It seems I've got reason to believe my niece will be over in about 5 minutes. Well, my brother called and asked if I could keep her at my house while he works out. So, it more than seems I have good reason, I guess. But that means I need to click "publish" and go on with life.

Hugs not drugs.

No comments: