Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Have I Got News For You

Working with bananas is officially tricky. Diagnosing what's going on with my face is too, but for different reasons. The banana issue is a bit more case-specific than the face rash, because I can follow the same recipe every time. I can't recall if I drank something new a week and a half ago, touched a strange plant, ate a new something or switched a toiletry. But when a recipe calls for 4 over-ripe bananas and you've pealed, chopped and frozen your over-ripe bananas, there's no telling how many frozen banana pieces would be the equivalent of 4 over-ripe bananas - unless of course you remember how many bananas you cut in the first place. So, come to find out, too many bananas doesn't make your muffins better. More banana-y maybe, but it also makes them more dense and sticky to the wrappery.

I can adjust the banana situation. I can't adjust the weird rash I've had misdiagnosed as poison ivy. No change with the round of roids... steroid "roids", not hemorrhoid "rhoids". Have to clarify. Apparently if this were bacterial, it would have responded to the steroid. It doesn't look viral. And fungal things make shapes. Like rings. So, we're talking about an allergic reaction, most probably. And the heavy-duty antihistamine stuff is working, finally. But I still don't want to run into you by the bananas at Target.

No comments: