Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Did You Say Death’s Daughter?

There’s really no way to explain that title in a way that still wouldn’t require having been there. But it makes me laugh.

So, the week is only three days deep and it feels as if I’ve lived somewhere around a week and four-and-a-half days... exactly. Everyone has been thrilled to be in school. It’s a new routine and not quite so overwhelming now that we’ve seen for ourselves – it’s not that serious. For some reason, both boys thought they were going to be jumping from their last year straight in to their sophomore year at a major university. I mean, I’m glad they take it seriously, but the pressure is just unnecessary. As we got in the car after day one, my Kindergartner was so glad it turned out to be a really great day, however, he was “already stressed out about two recesses” – verbatim.

No comments: