Friday, January 1, 2010

Twenty Ten

This year sounds like a set of vision test scores. 20/10 vision is still pretty good, right? Existentially speaking, I feel like I have a pretty clear vision on where I am in life, but on an all new level of certainty. And as I sit here, I truly wouldn't even be able to put into words what that means if I tried. I just feel as if I'm exactly where I'm supposed to be, doing exactly what I am supposed to be doing, surrounded by people I need with a sense of the right kinds of insight and tools for life at hand.

It has taken me quite some time to get here - all while knowing for sure I have not and will never "arrive" - and with the awareness that things will not always be this easy. But, when life feels this nice and in place it makes me stop and take notice. It's cozy. And I don't mean comfortable as if I'm not after growth or improvement. I'm just glad I'm right here right now. I don't even know how this all happened. All I can say is God is merciful and gracious and has brought me in to a new season of life that feels like a breath of fresh air. I have experienced the kind of peace, calm, contentment and satisfaction that truly could have only come from Him - and without my doing anything to deserve it, trust me.

Of all the ideas I had on what was going to be best for me... of all the plans I made for myself... the direction I thought I'd head in - nothing compares to having a God who loves me, wants good for me, knows best and blesses me with what is right. My God has the 20/20 vision. And I am so glad for it, because I'm blind without it.

"Be Thou my vision, O Lord of my heart
Naught be all else to me, save that Thou art
Thou my best thought by day or by night
Waking or sleeping Thy presence my light."

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness! That belongs in a book. That is so awesome! God is so awesome! I am so thankful that you feel the way you do - that you know what you know. I am so thankful.
j re'