Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Zabaglione

That's pronounced "Za-Bo' Yyoh-neh" with lots of nasal like this guy, but Italian. That's what I'm making here in a little while to smoosh between layers of espresso soaked lady fingers [actually, flash-dipped - because if you soak, we're talking soggy soggy nasty party].

Another side-note, I'd like to take a minute to address anyone out there reading who calls espresso "EXPRESSO" as if we're paying extra to mail a package fast-like... There is no X - it's "ess-press-OH!"

Wheeew - that's a load off. I'm okay now.

Anyway, for those of you foodies who know what I'm about to concoct... Ding! Ding! Ding! Tiramisu! Eh!!! In the form of a question, Alex Trebek! "What IS Tiramisu!?" Well, I'm glad you asked. It's delicious espresso dipped Biscotti Savoiardi [lady fingers - bi: twice, scotti: baked] layered between the most delicious pastry cream you've ever eaten. I make mine with rum rather than Marsala. And I feel mine's the best you've ever put in your face. Why? Because.

Why else would someone be making a batch of Tiramisu? No reason. That's why. Maybe to share with one of my besties who just had a birthday I slept straight through? Perhaps. But I'm not teeellllllling...

4 comments:

Maya Nair said...

oooooooh I thoughted it was zaaa-baaa-gleee-O-ney.

Unknown said...

bestie's bday? eh? My brother really likes tiramasu. How many of your besties were born in January?

Unknown said...

btw - Thanks for the call.... LOVE LOVE LOVE YOU

Ashley said...

Well, I slept thru a few - but I was thinking of somehow freezing a piece and packing it in dry-ice to send your way. However, I have better ideas on what food item I'd freeze and send.

Plus, I'd have to freeze myself a piece to let thaw and sample for quality control. Who knows how well Tiramisu freezes? Not I said the fly.

But - I slept thru Emily's bday too - and she's like a mile away. So, the sharing a piece might be more likely with her. Still, you are another bestie I completely pooped out on. Doh!

I have too many in February to goof up, so I'd better get with the program!