Thursday, August 5, 2010

Up And Running

After calling go-daddy tech support at least 3 times, speaking to one guy who audibly rolls his eyes somehow at people who call themselves "not very techy"... to another guy who NICELY goes, "Oh!  You purchased your domain thru google.apps - that's not something I can access - let me transfer you now to google" - back again to bad music on hold.

And then *swoon* - very geeky voiced JEREMY gets on the line.  I explain in my newly found techiness, I "want my DNS" to "map" to wordpress, but also have the "forwarding" "mask" my wordpress URL with my domain - because this is how techy you get in 24 hours after reading and reading troubleshoots and racking brains silly.  Ahhh... and so. He "maps".  But then I had to call back, spoke to a very nice girl in Scottsdale - who assured me we all have to get our techiness start somewhere - and then I was connected back to JEREMY to have him "mask" the URL.  Ya follow?

And after proposing marriage, offering a make-out session in the back for fixing the mess I made in the first place - we agreed a. we were both already married b. miles and miles away and c. had Brent 10 feet away feeding the Bunny some veggies... I hung up, felt a load off and we can now sing our lovely Mr Rogers song.  Zip your sweater up too far and then back down just right.  Toss your sneaker from one hand to the next and SAVE THIS TO YOUR FAVORITES!

It's official like a referee with a whistle baby!  I'm my own lady.  I march to the beat of my own drum for $10 a year.  How ya like them apples!  You can subscribe to email alerts when I ever write a dad-blasted note.  You can look on there however much you want.  And it makes me feel all sophisticated and stuff.

2 comments:

Maya Nair said...

I don't get it but YAYYYYYYY!

Ashley said...

the techy lingo.
why I've moved.
the whole dang thing.
all of the above.