Saturday, July 31, 2010

It Rolls Around So Quickly

So that plan? The one where I scheduled fun things to do tucked in there around baby naps and grocery trips and, ya know, the random "quality" attention devoted to the other two children that were HERE FIRST? Yeah. That didn't quite go as scrupulously as I'd intended. In fact, the actual lay out of calendar events might have helped had I done one.

But, so here we are. Two and one-half weeks away from the beginning of the school year. Eighteen days to be exact until we have our informal "Meet & Greet" come-and-go. This day last year was here and gone in a flash - it really doesn't seem very long ago at all, certainly not a whole year.

But my gosh, could these people look any younger in that old post pic? I miss those two front teeth missing on the Jingleheimer - and the stick-legs on Murph in his little "skinny jeans" make me miss his little self. They have both gotten rather large. Not like we need to go to fat camp, just growing up. Gone are the days of skinned knees with a swift scoop-up of the injured to supply the TLC. There are injuries - but typically, communally inflicted between the male minors - making me less T L or C. But those instances I am needed for a "Dang! That smarts!" - the picking up is more of a lugging toward - and the cuddle time is more like a back-breaking stunt.

And well, summer is almost over. Lame as it may have been, it was nice to have the breather. 3rd and 1st and carpool and routine here we come. But first... haircuts.

No comments: